Jobs, Jobs and more Jobs
Mayoral candidate Debbie Blumel has launched a ten point Economic
Plan that will strengthen the economy, create jobs and boost
Cr Blumel said her Economic Plan will vigorously drive the Sunshine Coast to reach its full economic potential.
“Jobs, jobs and more jobs. That will be my top priority if I’m elected Mayor. And I’ll get the job done,” Cr Blumel said.
“In my first 100 days in office, I’ll set the Sunshine Coast on a new course to creating new jobs, new industries and new opportunities while keeping all those things that make the Sunshine Coast such a great place to live.
“I will work with the community, with business, with councillors and council staff to create an exciting new era for this region.
“Under my leadership, Council will take responsibility for the economic recovery of the region.
“We will become a region where it is cheaper to do business because of the way our centres are planned, new digital technology, more efficient waste and water management, better designed buildings that are cheaper to run, and value for money in the way we get things done.
“We will buy local because it will be cheaper to do so. And the money will circulate among our communities rather than be exported out of our region.
The Blumel Economic Plan
• Develop a Regional Economic Action Plan and Local Economic Action Plan for every town
• Focus on five Transformational Projects (Airport Master Plan, Maroochydore Principal Activity Centre, Sunshine Coast University Hospital, Sippy Downs Technology Hub, Sunshine Coast Entertainment, Convention and Exhibition Centre)
• Establish a Sunshine Coast Business and Industry Group
• Provide incentives for clean-technology industries – the job creators of the future
• Elevate Economic Development within the Council hierarchy and create a One-Stop Shop and online facilities for businesses 2
• Slash Council red tape and advocate on behalf of business against State Government red tape
• Support a tender process that boosts local business opportunities
• Finalise the new Planning Scheme
• Achieve our share of State and Federal Government funding
• Host a regional Major Projects Forum every year
“As the only Mayoral candidate with experience as a Councillor, and as the head of Council’s Major Projects Portfolio, I am best placed to generate jobs for this region.
“This bold plan provides the right balance; it allows strong economic growth while preserving our unique communities.
“I have a proven track record of delivering on my election commitments and if elected Mayor I’ll continue to get the job done.”
Permanent Link: Jobs, Jobs and more Jobs
Publish Date: 20 Apr 12
All articles submitted by third parties or written by My Sunshine Coast come under our Disclaimer / Terms of Service
Latest Sunshine Coast Events
Lake Kawana Community Centre
Noosa Springs Golf and Spa Resort