Christmas Boat Parade
2011 MOOLOOLABA CHRISTMAS BOAT PARADE
This year's Mooloolaba Christmas Boat Parade is shaping up to be
the best! The event provides great family entertainment and
viewing of up to 50 vessels completely decorated with Christmas
Lights and promenading through the waterways of Mooloolaba and
The best viewing locations are listed below and up to 10,000 spectators will be lining the waterways of Mooloolaba to see this spectacle - a great family event, sponsored by local businesses.
Best Viewing Locations:
- Coast Gaurd Carpark - Parkyn Parade, Mooloolaba
- La Balsa Park - Point Cartwright Drive, Kawana
- Beltana Park - Beltana Avenue, Kawana
- Bluewater Deepwater Appartments - Nicklin Way, Minyama
- Mooloolah Island - Mooloolah Drive, Minyama
- Minyama Island - Mooloolah Drive, Minyama
- Charles Clarke Park - River Esplanade, Mooloolaba
- Mooloolah River Fisheries - The Spit, Parkyn Parade Mooloolaba
- Beltana Park - Beltana Court, Buddina
- The Wharf Mooloolaba - Parkyn Parade Mooloolaba
- Bridge Seafoods (209 Brisbane Rd Mooloolaba)
- Outrigger Island - Minyama (opposite Bridge Seafoods)
All proceeds go to Beautiful You cancer charity, and they will be
out shaking tins for donations so be sure to bring your shrapnel
and support this great local charity helping families through the
journey of cancer.
2011 Christmas Lights Boat Parade
When: Saturday 10th December 2011
Where: Mooloolaba Canal System, Mooloolaba, Queensland
Parade Start Time: 6.30pm at the Coast Guard Building
Parade Ending Time : approximatelyl 8.30pm
What to Bring: Torches for mexican wave, glow sticks or anything that lights up and your family and friends
Congratulations to every single boat entrant for the enormous amount of time, effort and creativity used in decorating your boats!
Last year (2010) the parade saw some 15,000 people line the shores of the Mooloolaba to watch the parade and some 40 plus vessels competing for various sponsor donated prizes, we are seeking sponsorship in various forms to make this year's event bigger and better than ever before.
Together we can all make a parade to look forward to every year, to bring our children to and to kick off the festive season with an amazing community event, sponsored by local businesses. We would like to see this parade be recognized on the world scale as an event to be witnessed and as a major draw card for the Sunshine Coast Tourism calendar.